Wednesday 24 February 2010

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

In choosing a distributer I would consider going to the self published and distributed magazine, Rolling Stone. This is because they have the same kind of magazine as the one I have made myself. This is because they are both mixed music genre magazines and don’t focus heavily on a certain social group they try to be broad and wider with their audience unlike other music magazines. However Rolling Stone is for an older audience unlike my media product my product aims at teenagers aged 15-18 years of age. I feel that this will help not only but the Rolling Stone magazine because they will then have two magazines that aim at two different audiences but have the same genre. I would also ask them because they know how to market a magazine like the one I have made because their existing magazine is like my media product. Also they would know where to place it and where is would get the most sales.

If the Rolling Stone isn’t successful I would try my luck with The Word’s publisher and distributer Development Hell. I would use Development Hell because the already specialize in mixed music genre magazines; they would also know where to place and how to market my media product because they deal with this because of The Word magazine. Also they are British based magazine and distributer and they would know best about how to market my media product and how to make it popular and successful.

http://www.srds.com/mediakits/rollingstone/contacts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment